Walk-In Medical Evaluations:
- Please bring a valid ID and insurance card. If you want to be considered for a Sliding Scale Fee, please bring your recent pay stubs, Tax Returns and other Household Income.
- Our Main Campus, Monday-Friday, 8a.m. – 11a.m. 4422 East Columbus Drive, Tampa FL 33605
- Medical Evaluations are also available by appointment only at our Brandon
- Campus. Call (813) 413-1065.
- Our Methadone Treatment Facility in Lakeland, Florida, Tuesday and Thursdays, 7a.m.-9 a.m. No appointment necessary (863) 608-7778.
We believe that alcohol and drug addiction is a chronic, life threatening, but highly treatable disorder caused by multiple factors and often characterized by frequent relapses. Unlike the flu or other medical disorders for which a single cause has been identified, a substance use disorder is caused by multiple factors including family history of substance abuse, biological/genetic factors, learning experiences, lack of healthy coping skills, peer pressures, and exposure to high risk situations. Due to the interaction of all these factors over time and the progressively disabling nature of addiction, recovery often involves a complex and lengthy process.
The first step of this process involves carefully gathering background information, identifying problems, explaining the program, assessing the impact substance abuse has had on you or your loved ones life, developing an appropriate course of treatment, and beginning engagement in treatment and supportive resources. We offer flexibility to accommodate your schedule. You can either schedule an appointment or walk in for the initial assessment most days of the week at our main campus, as well as at our Brandon site (see hours at top of this page). Both locations are easily accessible by public transportation.
Our professional team conducts a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation to ensure that you or your loved one receives the help they need at the most appropriate level of care. The strengths and needs of each patient is identified and incorporated into an individualized treatment plan. The length of time you will be at DACCO depends on individual need. Each patient is continually assessed to determine appropriateness of transitioning to a lower level of care.